ON THE DAY OF YOUR EVENT
We hope you a successful, safe and enjoyable event. The following notes will assist:
People using the hall should follow the guidelines provided by the Scottish Government as in link:
1. Opening and closing SVH
- SVH will be opened for your hiring in advance of the time agreed. The premises must be secured and keys returned promptly after your event.
- Please ensure that any outside caterers, contractors etc are aware of the hire period and that they may not be able to enter before or leave after the hire period.
- After 11pm only those helping to clear up SVH should be on the premises. Failure to comply with this will result in forfeiture of your deposit.
- Please telephone SVH booking secretary Anne Lyall in case of difficulty on 07814051289.
- SVH has a No Smoking Policy.
- In the event of a fire, SVH should be evacuated in an orderly manner using the appropriate exits, and the Fire Brigade called by dialling 999.
- The exact location of the nearest telephone, fire exits, and fire extinguishers must be noted before SVH is occupied and the manner of opening the doors/escape routes should be made known to your guests.
- Please take utmost care in moving chairs and tables in order to avoid injury. Please place chairs around the edge of the main hall and tables in the storeroom.
- A first aid box is located in the Kitchen area.
- A Defibrillator is situated in the telephone box across the road.
3. Power circuits/heating
- The heating controls are located in the main hall. Please let the SVH Secretary know if you need SVH to be particularly warm or cold.
4. Car parking
- There is limited parking on the main street in Spott. Please encourage guests to share lifts/transport wherever possible and be mindful of local residents.
5. Consideration for others
- Please ask your guests to leave quietly at the close of your event. Car doors banging and loud talk may disturb local residents.
- Do not fix decorations near light fittings or heaters. Ladders should not be used for safety reasons.
- Please leave SVH clean and tidy and leave waste in the bins outside or take it home. In particular we ask you to ensure tabletops are wiped clean before being stacked.
6. Faults/ damage/ comments
- Please report any faults or damage to the SVH booking secretary as soon as possible so that they can be rectified quickly. The SVH management committee welcome comments or observations that you may have about your hire of SVH.